CO2 laser cutting machine ,apply for so many industries for long time .However,with the development of science and technology,fiber laser cutter is more and more popular with consumers.So what are difference between those two laser cutting machine ? Today ,I will introduce you difference base on 5 points.
Difference between fiber and CO2 laser cutting machine:
• Fiber cuts thinner materials, particularly stainless steel, faster than CO2 laser –
mainly, materials 0.25” and thinner.
• CO2 laser typically cuts thicker metals (0.25” and thicker) faster and more
accurately than most fiber lasers can, producing a better cut quality for those
• An “evening out” point between the two laser options can be considered at
• With a vast majority of cutting applications in sheet cutting now using materials
under 0.25” thick, it’s worth considering using fiber laser cutting services.
• Fiber laser cuts stainless steel approximately three times faster than CO2
systems. For example, using fiber to cut 12 or 16 gauge stainless steel offers
significant time and cost savings because of its high speed cutting capabilities.
• Fiber laser creates less downtime than CO2 systems, especially important for
high-volume production runs on appropriate parts.
• On thinner materials, fiber laser delivers a superior cut quality than CO2, but CO2
typically produces cleaner-cut parts from thicker materials.
• General tolerances of +/-.005” are easily held in materials .250” or thinner.
Tighter tolerances can be achieved but may require more testing and setup time.
3,Flexibility & Cost-Saving Potential
• Fiber laser can cut brass and copper, but CO2 can’t.
• Fiber laser can cleanly cut small, intricate parts or larger parts up to 10 feet long.
• With our automated sheet loading system we can run minimally attended or even
4,lights out to save on labor costs.
• With fiber laser, flat blank prototypes can be created fast, without any tooling
costs. We also have the ability to bend and form prototypes and production parts
in our brake presses or metal stamping presses.
• Fiber systems typically have lower operating and maintenance costs than CO2
systems and require less down time.
• With on-site fiber laser services, additional cost savings can be realized by
starting with a part print and carrying through to the finished part, all in one
facility. We can handle your project from prototype all the way through
For gas-assisted laser cutting, nitrogen cutting typically produces the cleanest parts –
ideal for edges that will be visible or will be welded on. Oxygen cutting is typically the
fastest and ideal for parts that will be painted, hidden, or won’t require a perfectly
smooth surface for welding.
So now do you know what kind of laser cutting machine do you choose for your industry ? Which one is good ,which one is bad , you may ask this question,I think this is not a question .All in all ,we should choose more suitable one for your industry.